Karen Barbour REALTOR®
As a relocated New Englander who has made the Triangle home since 1996, I can attest to how wonderful this area is. As an active member of my community and with 2 children in the public school system, I have valuable information to share. Having worn the many hats of out-of town buyer, seller, renter and landlord, I will guide you through it all.
- My goal is to assist you in having the most streamlined wonderful buying or selling experience possible. After all, you are my best PR. It all comes down to how I made you feel through the experience.
- I believe in giving back to my community in many ways.
Visit my blog here for articles and resources related to accessible homes.
What sets me apart from the others?
Beyond my commitment to superior customer service, I bring a different level of skill and aptitude to my profession in real estate. Having worked in the disability community and nonprofit sector for years, having grown up with a deaf sister and having a young son with special needs, I bring compassion and patience to my work everyday.
Disability Housing Specialist
- Extensive knowledge of resources, agencies and supports in the disability community
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL)
- Knowledge of fair housing resources
- Understanding of ADA and Universal Design
- A desire to help people with disabilities find the right home that meets their needs
Looking for a Realtor who understands your needs and understands disabilites? I can find you the right Realtor! There are very few realtors that understand the ADA (American with Disabilities Act) or are fluent in ASL ( American Sign Language) and how it impacts their work with ALL people. My goal is to develop a network of those skilled professionals across the country. If you are a realtor with similar focus and have worked with the disability community, please contact me. Or if as a home buyer or seller you have been served well by a professional realtor that understood your needs and disability, please contact me and share their contact info with me. The goal is to improve greater access for ALL to the American dream.